Physical Education at North Lancing Primary school has been designed to create an engaging, fun, high-quality curriculum that inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in their individual abilities in competitive sports and other activities.
We provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness, through a range of activities: swimming, dancing, gymnastics, invasion games, striking and fielding activities and many more. Children will have opportunities to compete in sport and other activities that build character and help to embed our key values of collaboration, resilience, independence, perseverance and individuality, both in their lessons and through a wide selection of sports clubs available to them. PE at North Lancing is a vital component of the curriculum, which develops understanding of the importance of maintaining healthy lifestyles, a balanced diet, positive growth mind-set and the resilience to persevere with activities.
By the end of their time at North Lancing Primary School, pupils will have:
- developed physical skills with increasingly consistent control and co-ordination;
- been encouraged to work and play effectively in a range of group situations;
- developed the way they perform skills and apply rules for different activities;
- learned how to improve the quality and control of their performance;
- learned to identify and articulate how their bodies feel during exercise;
- embedded an understanding within themselves of how to succeed in a range of physical activities and how to evaluate their own success.